Saturday, May 5, 2012

WELCOME TO THE NORTH TAMPA REAL ESTATE BLOG

Welcome to the North Tampa Real Estate Blog.  As this is my first posting with Real Estate information in or around our area.  I plan to update this blog at least three times a week but if this really grows into a discussion forum, I may do it everyday.

A brief introduction to get that out of the way, then what you really came here to see.

About Myself and my company, La Rosa Realty:  I am Dan Strauss, a Realtor with La Rosa Realty, LLC.  Our corporate headquarters is located in Celebration, FL and Mr. Joe La Rosa is my broker.  La Rosa Realty has offices and sales agents throughout Florida and also in New York and California.  I may be biased, but we are a great company!  We put our customers first and that was my primary reason for joining Team La Rosa.  This is very important to me.  I am Semi-Retired after spending over 26 years in the US Navy.  Customer service counts more to me than anything else.  I am a Realtor that provides what the customer asks.  If you want to see a home today, let's go see it.  If you want to search and get back to me when you are ready to look, I am fine with that.  If you want me to review homes you have saved on my website and automatically send you information on those specific ones, I will do that.  If you want a call every 3 or 4 days to check, I can do that.  Realtors and Real Estate Agents work FOR YOU!  But they also work with you to get you the best Deal :)

I primarily work with Single Family Residences (SFR).  I also focus on the areas North of Tampa from the Beach (Safety Harbor, Harbor Springs, Tarpon Springs, Odessa, Westchase, Carrollwood, Lutz, Land O Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and New Tampa and all areas in and around these) out to Zephyrhills.  That includes Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Pasco Counties.  While this is a very broad area, it is also manageable.  Keeping up with what is selling, what prices are doing, available inventory, short sale situation, bank owned homes (foreclosures/REOs) and things of that nature takes up a lot of time.  But I really do ENJOY DOING THIS JOB!!!

Okay - Now that all of the basics are out of the way, and I promise I won't put them down in the blog again, here is what is happening in Tampa and our surrounding areas??

Everyone wants to know about???
PRICES - What is happening with prices?  Are they falling?  Will they continue to fall?  Have they bottomed out? Are they starting to rise?  What will a home be worth next year at this time?
What I can tell you is that NOBODY knows.  If they say different, I would disagree.  You can read so many articles from so called experts on the internet you will get to the point where you walk away confused.  I know I get that way, and I read about it all the time.

My opinion:  I feel we are at the bottom for certain areas here.  I feel some areas will continue to fall, but not very much.  You even see areas where there are multiple offers on homes, so that area is rising a bit. 

SHORT SALES:  Banks are making great efforts to work faster.  Our title company told us that a Short Sale home closed in 29 days recently.  So if you see one you like, don't scratch it off your wish list.  Make an offer!

BANK OWNED/FORECLOSURE/REO:  These homes are going quickly.  Very quickly.  Homes are being sold in less than 4 days!  The average buyer is spending a little over $8,000 to get the home how they want it.  Some are significantly higher!  Well priced homes are selling, but again, these are going FAST!

Interest Rates:  I am going to post a historical chart that really puts the current rate into perspective.  IT IS LOW!  For how long?  The Federal Reserve says as of now, until 2014.  Things do change, so keep an eye on that.

I look forward to your feedback and will be on from time to time to provide my opinion.  We all have our opinions...please do so respective of others.  Thank you and have a Great Day!

One last thing:  If you would like me to provide something specific, please post in the comment section and I'll see if I can get that in.

My Info:
danstraussrealtor@gmail.com
http://dstrauss.larosarealty.com
(813) 469-6341


No comments:

Post a Comment